**Disclosure: As a brand ambassador for Central Arkansas McDonald’s I am being compensated for this post. However, all opinions are 100% mine.**
Do you like celebrating holidays? And I’m not just talking about the major ones like Christmas and Thanksgiving. I’m talking about the quirky holidays where you can find a day to celebrate all the things you love. Like National Popcorn Day, National Chocolate Cake Day, or even Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day. I like finding out about these quirky holidays and having a little fun celebrating them. If you are like me and you enjoy having a holiday as an excuse to celebrate something totally random, then you are in luck because tomorrow, March 19th, is National Poultry Day!!!
So how should you celebrate National Poultry Day? That’s easy, celebrate with food!!! Your local Central Arkansas McDonald’s is the perfect place to celebrate National Poultry Day because they have a great selection of poultry on the menu. Start your day with some eggs for breakfast. McDonald’s has lots of egg options to choose from like Egg McMuffins, Sausage or Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Biscuits & McGriddles, and the Sausage Burrito made with eggs. Plus, if you like a great deal you can get 2 Sausage Egg & Cheese McMuffins for just $3 at Central Arkansas McDonald’s now through April 16th. And remember you don’t have to wake up early, because breakfast is available all day at McDonald’s now.
If you want to celebrate during lunch or dinner McDonald’s still has you covered with some great chicken options. Like one of the four salads topped with chicken that McDonald’s offers. These salads are full of flavor and sure to please any salad lover.
Or try one of McDonald’s Chicken Sandwiches because there are three different options to choose from. So whether you like the Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Sandwich, or the McChicken there is a chicken sandwich on the menu to help you celebrate National Poultry Day.
And don’t forget about the Chicken McNuggets. You can even surprise your kiddos with a Chicken McNugget Happy Meal to celebrate National Poultry Day. I’m sure they will be happy with the Barbie & Hot Wheels toys that are currently available with Happy Meals.
My family actually got a head start on celebrating National Poultry Day by creating our own paper craft chickens.
If you would like to make your own paper chickens just follow the directions below.
- Paper Cups
- Construction Paper (to make the comb, wings, tail, and beak)
- Make the wings for you chicken by folding construction paper in half. Then drawing a single wing starting at the fold on the construction paper. With the paper still folded cut out the wing. Next cut the wing at the fold to get two wings for your chicken.
- Make the comb next by drawing an image on a piece of construction paper and cutting it out.
- With your cup turned upside down you can now glue on your wings and comb for your chicken.
- Then make a tail for you chicken by cutting out a rectangle from a piece of construction paper and folding it like you are going to make a fan. Then glue the tail to the back of the cup.
- Next, make the beak by cutting a small diamond from a piece of construction paper. Then glue the beak onto the front of the cup.
- Lastly, glue two small buttons to the cup so that your chicken has eyes.